If you're experienced with Wikipedia, you know that we're going to have vandalism problems sooner or later. The only way we can keep the site going is to have a cadre of Sysops who visit the site often and watch for vandalism.
Sysops have powers beyond those of mere mortals:
- Quick page reversion
- Page deletion
- Block a vandal's IP address
If you would like to become a sysop, please visit the Wikipedia administrators (sysop) page to learn more about what sysops do. On our site, the major tasks are these:
- Visit the site every day.
- Check the Recent pages list for signs of spam (new pages created by anonymous IP addresses)
- Delete new pages containing spam
- Block IP addresses of anyone who spams
- Delete user accounts and block anyone who spams
To apply for sysop-hood, please leave a message on User_talk:Bryan.